Friday, April 30, 2010

The Winning Combo

I have finally found what I need for my skin to help control the oil. It's been quite a battle but I'm happy to have found a routine that works for me.

Although all of the products seem to be necessary to keep the oil at bay, there is one product that has helped me the most. After one use, the oil on my face was noticeably reduced. It is amazing!

TA-DA!

Tomato Tea Tree Facial Soap by Silver Maple Soap Company.

(Photo from the Silver Maple Etsy Shop)

I also use my Yogurt Berry Facial soap but I use it every couple or few days. This recipe was given to me from my friend Tanya. It does help with the oil but I think I varied the recipe too much from Tanya's. I bet if I'd followed the recipe exactly that it would have been so much better. But as it is, it is still crucial to my routine.


On a bi-weekly basis I am using a Tea Tree and Papaya Facial Scrub from Spa Therapy. I have found that I prefer the feel of baking soda and clay in my facial scrubs. I love the smooth paste as opposed to a more gritty consistency.

(Photo from the Spa Therapy Etsy Store)

On a weekly basis, I have been using the Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask from Great Cakes Soapworks. It works wonderfully at clarifying and tightening my skin. After using the mask, my skin feels so smooth and clean and fresh.

(Photo from the Great Cakes website)


One more "unnatural" product that I haven't been able to move away from is the Oil Control Lotion from Mary Kay. Wearing make-up puts the oil production into overdrive and this is the only oil-control lotion that I have found that works well.

(Photo from the Mary Kay website)

I have tried so many wonderful products and they are really all fabulous. There are so many skin types and skin problems our there and we need all the options available to try and find what works best for us.

So if anyone out there has oily skin such as mine, maybe try this routine out and see if it works for you!

3 comments:

Amy W said...

Hooray for the winning combination!! I find that my skin changes from winter to summer, so I have to change my routine.

Beth said...

Thank you Holly for featuring my soap! So glad you like it!

Milla said...

Wonderful looking products!

I have to say my favorite facial lotion of all time is Mary Kay Timewise for combination/oily skin. Wonderful stuff. I've tried countless other lotions and this is the only one I don't breakout with. Anti-aging doesn't hurt either!