Monday, August 22, 2011

Not Too Shabby

If you read my previous post, you'd know that I wasn't too pleased with these soaps. But they aren't too shabby!

The cool water still smells like cool water...but it's not turning like the WSP version did.






The cashmere cream isn't overly spectacular. It's fresh laundry meets something currently undetermined.


As for the scent of the rice one, after getting a good whiff of the soap and the spices on top, I am thinking of changing my mind about whether I like it or not. I think a cinnamon blend would be lovely but on it's own, I'm not a fan. I doubt I'd soap it again, but for those of you that have it, a blend might be something you should consider.




So, they'll be okie dokie. They sure look pretty sitting on my soap shelf.

Next up will be some more Calendula Carrot Buttermilk soap. I have some calendula infusing and need to get it used.

Here are my sugar scrub cubes that I made with grated cold process soap. I scented this with fresh raspberry. They smell wonderful and I will have to remember that I can't eat them! I need to give one a try and then will let you know how they compare to the melt and pour version.


5 comments:

A Life Deliberate Soap Co. Blog said...

It all looks sooooooo good! The sugar scrubs are adorable! Great job! :)

Jabones de Casa said...

El jabón de arroz con especias es verdaderamente impresionante, tiene una textura maravillosa.
Un saludo

Amy W said...

So glad the cool water soaps haven't turned! They look so refreshing as they are! I'm anxious to hear how you like the sugar scrub cubes...

Dragon (Karen) said...

Love all your soaps!

Cool Water is a favourite of mine and one of my best sellers. I soap with the BB Cool Water and it lasts and lasts and lasts!

Also love the creamy look of the rice one!

Please keep sharing your wonderful soap photos!

Patti said...

Your scrubs look amazing. I hope you try one soon and let us know how they are!

Thanks so much on your input on the fragrances. Your soaps are so pretty!