Monday, October 1, 2012

Trying Out A New Mold!

I have been so very excited to give this new mold a test run! I have had the dividers for a while but I was waiting for the hubs to build a mold to go around them. I wanted this new bar size for my natural/essential oil soaps. I also have always loved that pillow-y look that the dividers give the tops of the bars.

I had calendula infusing in olive oil so I chose to do Calendula Buttermilk soap first. It is made using 100% buttermilk and an essential oil blend of rosemary, litsea cubeba (may chang), cedarwood, ho wood, fir needle, and anise. The scent is very complex and all the different scents mingle together to make an earthy and comforting blend.






I cannot wait to unmold these soaps!

1 comment:

Patti said...

I'm so jealous! That mold looks awesome and your bars look so creamy. I also love the "pillow-y" look. Cannot wait to see these unmolded!