Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tap, Tap, Tap...Is This Thing On?

Hello! Hello! It has been so long! I did not intend to abandon the blog again. Most of my social media activities take place on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. Do people still read blogs even? If you're reading this, please leave a comment because I'm not sure if I should drop the blog or spend more time focusing on regular posts. I am not much of a blog reader nowadays, but that doesn't mean I'm the norm. Quite the opposite in most cases! HA!

I have been busily making soaps, wrapping soaps, listing soaps, and packing orders over the last few months. It's a steady and enjoyable job! I listed my most recent soaps over at my Big Cartel store on Sunday afternoon and sold out of all but one within several hours. I have been making bigger batches and yet, they still sell just as quickly! So now I am pondering (daydreaming?) about how to make even bigger batches and/or increase production in general. I am due to make Rainbow soap again, but I know that my 25 lb batch won't last more than a few hours once listed, so I need to figure out the most efficient way to produce it in even bigger quantities. I have several ideas and it is a problem that I am happy and blessed to have. I am very appreciative of my wonderful customers that allow me to do what I love on a regular basis!

This month, the super lovely Katie from Royalty Soaps did a royal review of Missouri River Soap. She is just so fun and I'm honored to be a part of her year of reviews. She is so cheerful and her videos are always at the top of my viewing list. Click HERE to see her review video and HERE for the review blog post.

Now for a sprinkling of photos from the last few months!









There are always soap dishes to get cleaned up!

20 comments:

heatherrs said...

Holly, I love the top picture you posted of the white and purple soap, but I am *really* curious what the little red specks on top are!

Arts n Ends Collection said...

Love to see how you began photos against the new ones-- im happy you are progressing or expanding. but remember don't get to big.. keep it simple. ITS more fun. and you want your JOB to be FUN =) I always enjoy your post here and FB. I might never get in on ordering due to you selling out so fast.. my loss I suppose.. KEEP Up the GOOD WORK. PAULA

yasmine said...

Yes Holly I read blogs daily. I love reading and blogs are another fun way to correspond with people who have similar interests. I know a few people who refuse to have a facebook account. I don't have a twitter account. I suppose it varies. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

Bearprint Soaps said...

I love reading your blog but I know it is a lot of work. I hope you can find the time to continue posting.
Margo

Jean said...

I am better at following blogs than other types of social media but I might not be the norm either. :)

Molly said...

I'm still here! :D

FuturePrimitive said...

I read them still and try to write mine when I have time and something to say! Congrats on such a successful, wonderful business xx

Melanie said...

Cool Blog.. The pictures are awesome !!

Caroline said...

J'aime et suis votre blog, il est magnifique!

Shieh Design Studio said...

Love reading blogs!

Patti said...

I still read your blog! I know they are tough to keep up with. I haven't kept up with mine.

Amy said...

I read your blog. I like to read in bed before I fall asleep. As far as production, maybe you can double your batch, make that one scent one day, cut the next and make another double batch and so on for a week or for however many different scents you need. I have to make excuses to make more lol. I make only about 50 bars a month. Keep up the good work.

SoapJam said...

Love your soaps and your blog. :)

Menagerie Soaps said...

I also read blogs daily. I love seeing photos of your lovely soap. Keep it up!

DeeDee said...

Hi Holly I love to follow your blog and blogs period and prefer it to FB where quite a lot of the pages that I follow do not always have their content showing, as FB has decreased the feed of quiet a lot of groups and pages. I never miss a blog posting but myself and others that I know donot see every posting on FB. Where its all a bit chaotic anyway

So I ALWAYS stay with the blogs that way I never miss an update or a wonderful photo or posting. Your soaps are very pretty, and inspiring . Now please do some tutorials of some of these gorgeous soaps when you have time xx

Vanillagirl said...

Chello, count me as one of your blog readers. You are just soooo super talented. Thank you so much for sharing

Cee said...

I read! I do love blogs, because you get a bit more detail in the posts than you would on FB or Twitter, but that is just my personal preference :)

Holly said...

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. More people read blogs still than I thought! :-) I wish I could figure out how to add a reply button so I could reply to each one of you individually. I haven't quite managed that yet though.

The little red specks are jojoba beads. :-)

Melody said...

I still read blogs but wish I could find more like yours! Keep it coming love to read it !

Ambre jade said...

I love...your blog,
C'est une pure merveille, de couleurs et de réflexions,stay...c'est une joie de vous lire