Monday, April 7, 2014

His and Her Camo Soaps

Camo soaps are just so fun to make. This was my first time making them in a large batch but it went along quite nicely. It seems Springtime is when I tend to make them.

Up first was the girls camo soap with a mix of three pinks and white. I did forget that the heating pad was on under this batch so it did overheat. It is one of the first times that I have gotten the pronounced titanium dioxide crackling. I think it works in this case! I mixed another custom fragrance for this batch and oh...my...word...it is fabulous! This scent is a blend of sweet pea, apples, berries, and peaches. It may be my favorite scent ever! I adore it!




I've varied the colors of my guys camo soap through the years but I am super pleased with how the colors turned out this time. The inspiration for the camo color selection comes from the fatigues I remember my dad wearing when he was in the reserves. It wasn't digital camo, desert camo, or hunting camo but military, Vietnam-era type camo. I wanted to scent this batch in my custom blended Sierra scent which is a dupe for Sierra by Stetson. However, I went to mix my fragrances and found I only had half of two components of the blend that I needed. Since the entire batch was prepped otherwise, I chose to go through my collection and blend a new fragrance. I will admit, it is a bit odd, but I like it! The base of the blend is an earthy, cologne-type scent to which I added patchouli essential oil, cedarwood essential oil, fir needle essential oil, a touch of peppermint essential oil...and root beer fragrance! It's masculine, earthy, minty, and a touch sweet. It's really nice! This soap is again named Camocado. Normally, I use avocado puree in the batch but this time I decided I just didn't want to bother with it. Instead, I incorporated avocado oil into the batch. So Camocado will remain its name!





Both soaps will be available with my late May listings.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the camo soaps! the his one is my fave!

~Kathy~ said...

Like the post. My 3 brothers, son and husband were in the military so I have a very strong connection with anything that resembles fatigues. I might have to make some of this for those men in my life. I think they would love it. I understand how you are offended by those who copy you but to me this is an inspiration. I will try not to copy but most likely it would be pretty similar since my husband is from the Viet Nam era and the colors of fatigues are often the same. I'm sure my color combination won't be identical though. My fragrance of course would be different. Consider yourself such an inspiration to us all.

Isoapy said...

Love watching your soaping videos!! I think I've mentioned before, my 3 year old, who is ADHD, and won't sit still for more than about 5 seconds, will sit and watch your videos. ONLY yours!! As soon as he hears your voice, he will come sit on my lap, and say "Can we I watch a soap video, mom?" And he will watch the whole video, even ones that are around 40 minutes! So please keep them coming!! Not only do they inspire me, they give me some much needed peace from my crazy life!! :)